- How the Prime Meridian Changed the World: Not technical stuff but worth reading.
OpenSSH keys and the drunken bishop: Ever wondered about that visual fingerprint when generating SSH keys? Well this article brings some light on that. I've tried on my own and that's fun:
$ ssh -o VisualHostKey=yes [email protected] -p 1337 Host key fingerprint is xxxxx +--[ RSA 2048]----+ | .. | | . .. | | o . o. . | |. o. o =o | | o.. =.S | |... ... | |o=. .. | |Eo. . . | | .o. .. | +-----------------+
The effects of computer programming on the brain: I should be worried about that. Are YOU addicted to programming? Just in case, let me know...
- http://www.blackhatlibrary.net/Shellcodecs: Useful collection.
- Use Google Authenticator For Two-Factor SSH Authentication in Linux: Add 2-factor authentication to your SSH linux server. 2-Factor auth seems to be quite trendy these days...
- Call For Papers - Balkan Computer Congress 2013: My favourite anecdote related to this one:
... and because we're from Eastern Europe we like break things and stuff.(some SAP guy :-))
- Emacs is dead: Old but worth mentioning it. I've never used Emacs btw. I'm a VIM lover since my birth.
- Letter To A Young Programmer Considering A Startup:
*I regularly get emails from young people, usually those with an interest in programming, who are trying to make decisions about school and/or their professional futures. This post is for those young people.*